Comparison Between Light & Electron Microscopes
- The highest practical resolution of light microscope is 1000 to 1500 & that of electron microscope is over 100000.
- The best resolution for light microscope is 0.2 micrometer & that of electron microscope is 0.5 nano meter .
- The radiation source fore light microscope is visible light & for electron microscope electron beam.
- The medium of travel for light microscope is air & vacuum for electron microscopes.
- The source of contrast is differential light absorption for light microscope & scattering of electrons for electron microscope.
- Glass lens are used in light microscopes whereas electromagnet for electron microscope.